Cat litter that tells you if your cat has Feline Lower Urinary Tract Disease
Pet Ecology’s patented scientific cat litter literally shows you if your cat is showing signs of feline lower urinary tract disease (FLUTD). The color of the litter will turn pink if there is an issue. It is like a FLUTD litmus test based on your cat’s urine.
FLUTD, formerly known as feline urologic syndrome (FUS), is a term that is used to cover many problems of the feline urinary tract. It affects the cat's urinary bladder and sometimes the urethra. It isn’t a disease but rather a collection of clinical signs:
- Prolonged squatting or straining in or out of the litter box (some owners may confuse this with signs of constipation) and not producing urine or only a small amount
- Frequent urination or straining
- Pain while urinating (meowing or howling)
- Urinating outside of the litter box
- Blood in the urine
- Frequent licking of the genital area
It can be rather difficult to determine the exact cause or causes of FLUTD, even given extensive testing. However, in younger cats causes are often associated with bladder stones and urethral blockage whereas in older cats FLUTD is more associated with true urinary tract infections.
FLUTD is responsible for thousands if not millions of vet visits every year. It is very serious and can kill your feline. Because of this, cat owners are encouraged to pay attention.
For what it is worth, Pet Ecology’s scientific cat litter offers other benefits:
- Ultra Light Weight - 70% lighter than clay
- 3 lbs. of Scientific Professional Cat Litter works like 21 lbs. of clay litter
- Virtually Dust and Tracking Free
Learn about cat litter boxes...
Disclaimer: I am not a vet! This article is meant as a starting point only. Please do not delay that vet appointment if you suspect something is wrong with your cat.
Highly Recommended: Cat Health Secrets